The K-03X all-in-one player is designed to offer as much of the stellar performance provided by the K-01X as possible. Using the same design philosophy as the K-01X, it also derives its leading technology from this model. Its VRDS-NEO VMK-3.5-10 drive mechanism now incorporates Esoteric’s advanced VS-DD servo driver for even smoother spindle operation. Its dual mono DAC, also found in the K-01X, is configured with 4 individual converter circuits operating in parallel and summed to optimize linearity and minimize noise. It also employs Esoteric’s innovative 34-bit D/A processing algorithm.
With a pedigree extending directly back to the Grandioso D1, the K-03X is clear in its stunning sound quality, ease of use and wide functionality, including such recent developments as its DSD compatible USB interface.
The USB input supports asynchronous transmission and rates up to 2.8/5.6 MHz DSD and 384 kHz/32-bit PCM. Esoteric’s original PC driver software achieves outstanding playback of even studio-master-quality source files. DoP and ASIO 2.1 are also supported.
Due to the exceptional performance of its D/A converters, the K-03X offers a level of sound quality on a par with the K-01X in terms of clarity and musical presence. Its multiple DAC design philosophy, carried over from the Grandioso D1, allows extremely accurate digital to analog conversion. This is exempliﬁed by the outstanding linearity and low distortion achieved by the arrangement of 4 individual DAC circuits operated in parallel in each channel. The K-03X uses the same AK4495S DAC chipset featured in both the Grandioso D1 and the K- 01X. To minimize noise, two large toroidal transformers supply power independently to the digital and analog circuits in each channel. The excellent channel separation and stereo imaging of the K-03X’s converters provide listeners with a mesmerizing musical experience.
• Output impedance: XLR: 40Ω, RCA: 10Ω
• Maximum output level (1 kHz, full scale, 10 k ohms): XLR (Gain: 0 dB): XLR: 4.8Vrms, RCA: 2.4Vrms
• Frequency response: 5Hz to 40kHz (-3dB)
• Signal-to-noise ratio (S/N): 116dB
• Total harmonic distortion: 0.0001% (1kHz)
• Coaxial RCA jack x 1: 0.5 Vp-p/75 ohms
• Coaxial RCA connector x 1: (input impedance 75 ohms)
• Optical digital connector x 1: -24.0 to -14.5 dBm peak
• USB port B connector: USB 2.0 / 192 kHz-24 bit async.
• Power supply: USA/CANADA AC 120 V, 60 Hz
• Power consumption: 25W
• External dimensions (W x H x D): 445 x 162 x 438 mm (17 1/4" x 6" 3/8 x 13 1/4") (including protrusions)
• Weight: 28 kg (61 3/4 lbs)
• Accessories: Remote control unit (RC-1315) x 1, Batteries (AA) x 2, Power cord set x 1, Felt pads x 3, Owner's manual x 1, Warranty card x 1
MSRP $ 12,000.00
If you are interested in this product or have questions, please call 1-714-630-4100.