McINTOSH C1100 PREAMPLIFIER
The C1100 preamplifier brings a new level of performance and luxury to McIntosh’s heralded preamplifier offerings – evidenced by its high level inputs having the lowest noise of any McIntosh preamplifier ever produced. It utilizes a two-chassis design where the control and power sections are completely separate from the audio section. Absolute isolation of a preamplifier’s two main functions – control and sound – is achieved by this unusual but effective design and will provide you with the purest sound reproduction possible for generations of listening enjoyment.
The C1100 is comprised of the C1100 Controller and the C1100 Vacuum Tube Preamplifier. Inside each, the left and right channels are electrically and mechanically isolated from each other to allow true dual mono operation - resulting in the ultimate stereo separation and sonic purity. The two units are connected together via a pair of specially designed, high performance umbilical cables that are shielded to prevent outside noise from leaking into the audio signal. While they are two separate units, when connected they act as one and are easy to control and operate from the included remote control or the C1100 Controller front panel. Both units’ chassis are comprised of polished stainless steel and hairline brushed black Titanium stainless steel, offering a new degree of richness and refinement.
All power control, data ports and external control connections are located in the C1100 Controller; the introduction of a dual microprocessor allows for an improved robustness of the control system. The C1100 Vacuum Tube Preamplifier houses the audio connections and circuitry, featuring a total of 12 analog inputs: 6 balanced, 4 unbalanced, plus adjustable loading Moving Magnet and Moving Coil phono inputs. For outputs, 2 sets of balanced and 2 sets of unbalanced connections provide flexibility in connecting to your amplifier. Twelve vacuum tubes (6 each of 12AX7a and 12AT7) power the tube preamplifier. Compared to the C1000 preamplifier which had 8 tubes, the additional 4 tubes in the C1100 lowers its dependency on any solid-state support. The amplifier circuit has much higher common mode rejection, so any noise introduced by interconnect cables is significantly reduced. For personal listening, the headphone jack features a higher output than any of our other preamplifiers, while Headphone Crossfeed Director brings a new depth and spatiality to your music. The Home Theater Pass Through feature allows for seamless integration into your existing multi-channel home theater system.
The C1100 preamplifier employs fully balanced circuitry to match the level of performance achieved in any of our Quad Balanced amplifiers. With classic McIntosh black glass front panels, blue meters, knobs, stainless steel chassis, illuminated logos and custom machined brushed aluminum end caps, the C1100 makes a visual statement in addition to its audio prowess. It can be paired with a variety of McIntosh amplifiers, speakers, room correction devices, CD players, turntables, tuners and other source components to make a complete home audio system.
• Ultra Low Distortion: 0.005%
• Frequency Response, +0, -0.5dB from 20Hz to 20,000Hz
+0, -3dB from 10Hz to 100,000Hz
• Maximum Volts Out (Balanced / Unbalanced): 20/10 V RMS
• Input Impedance (Balanced / Unbalanced): 50K ohms, 25K
• Phono Voltage Gain: Moving Magnet: 40dB, Moving Coil: 60dB
• High Level Voltage Gain: 15dB
• Signal To Noise Ratio: 100dB
• Headphone Output: 1/4" High Drive
• Inputs Unbalanced: 4 Stereo + 2 Phono
• Inputs Balanced: 6 Stereo
• Variable Outputs Unbalanced: 2 Stereo
• Variable Outputs Balanced: 2 Stereo
• One Digital USB Input (2.0, 32/192 Asynchronous)
• Adjustable Phono Moving Magnet
Call for price
If you are interested in this product or have questions, please call 1-714-630-4100.
• Adjustable Phono Moving Coil
• Record Processor Loop
• +/- 6dB Input Level Match
• Home Theater Pass Through
• 9-pin RS232 Control Input
• Power Control Output: 1 Main, 2 Output, 4 Trigger
• 8 Rear Panel Data Ports
• Rear Panel IR Sensor Input
• Multi Chassis
• Output Meters - C1100T
• Tube, 6 ea. 12AX7a , (6) 12AT7
• On, Power Consumption: 75 watts
• Dimensions: 17.5" x 6" x 18"
• Weight: C1100c: 27lbs - C1100t: 25lbs