ALPHA DAC REFERENCE SERIES 2 MQA
The Alpha DAC Reference Series embodies everything Berkley knows about digital to analog conversion taken to an unprecedented level. The level brings an intimacy and presence of music reproduction that is simply real. The Reference Series was designed before it was even possible to build. The presence and sonic reality of the Reference Series is the result of digital to analog conversion at a new level of accuracy made possible by tremendous electrical and mechanical noise isolation coupled with extreme time domain stability. Ceramic aerospace circuit board materials are used in all critical areas and the enclosure is carefully engineered to minimize electrical noise and maximize mechanical and thermal stability. A high output metal IR remote control with direct input source selection is provided with the Reference Series. The JRiver Media Center software application is included in the price of the Alpha DAC Reference Series and either Windows OS or Mac OS versions are available.
• Input sampling rate: 32kHz to 192kHz
• Input word length: 24-bit
• Ultra low phase noise Precision Clocking at 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz and 192kHz sampling rates ± 100 ppm
• Two channel analog stereo outputs: XLR balanced with pin 2 positive and RCA unbalanced
• Digital Inputs: AES - XLR, 110Ω; SPDIF1 - BNC, 75Ω; SPDIF2 - BNC, 75Ω; TOSLINK - Toslink optical connector
• HDCD decoding detects 16-bit flag at 44.1kHz or 24-bit flag at all sampling rates
• Multiple digital filter options
• Balanced analog output level: +18dBu (6.15Vrms) maximum, +12dBu (3.1Vrms) or lower recommended
• Unbalanced analog output level: 3.25Vrms maximum, 2Vrms or lower recommended
• Digital volume & balance control: 0.1dB/step with .05dB/step L/R gain trim, 60dB range
• Frequency response at ≥ 88.2kHz sampling rates: ± 0.1dB from < 0.1Hz to 35 kHz, - 3dB at 59kHz for 176.4kHz and 192kHz sampling rates
• Distortion at recommended levels: all products ≤ -120dBFS
• THD+N at maximum level: < -110dBFS
• Firmware upgradeable through signal inputs
• Enclosure dimensions: 3.5”H X 17.5”W x 12.5”D
• Weight: 30 lbs.
• Mains power: 100/120/240VAC, 50/60Hz
• Power consumption: 25W
MSRP $ 19,500.00
If you are interested in this product, have questions, or want to schedule an audition, please call 1-714-630-4100.