JL AUDIO SUBWOOFER CROSSOVERS CR-1
CR-1: Active Subwoofer Crossover
The CR-1 Active Subwoofer Crossover has been designed by audiophiles, for audiophiles. JL believes it has no equal, offering a powerful combination of subwoofer/satellite tuning features, and a complete commitment to analog signal purity.
CR-1 is built around two banks of precision Linkwitz-Riley low-pass and high-pass ﬁlters. Multiplying DACs with monolithic ratio matching are employed to adjust the analog circuit's ﬁlter frequencies.
This offers superior tracking behavior and far more precise left/right channel balance, compared to conventional approaches.
Another of CR-1's unique and powerful features is a pair of rotary controls that control the damping of each ﬁlter bank. These damping controls dramatically improve the acoustic summing through the crossover region, by compensating for each speaker system's frequency response. At the center of the front panel, a single intuitive, rotary control permits quick adjustment of the relative level between the subwoofer(s) and main speakers.
To minimize distortion and noise, CR-1 employs top-grade component parts in its all-analog audio circuitry: 1% precision resistors, JFET-input audio-grade op-amps, polypropylene ﬁlm-and-foil capacitors and metallized-polypropylene ﬁlm capacitors, to name just a few.
CR-1's input-output design makes it equally adaptable to studio, mastering suite or audiophile two-channel playback environments. To accommodate dual-mode systems, JL also includes a bypass feature that engages a pass-through from a dedicated "Managed Bass Input" on the rear panel, to the CR-1's subwoofer outputs. This makes it convenient to switch from two-channel to multi-channel mode.
Features and Specs:
• Maximum Input Voltage: 8 Vrms (+18 dBv)
• Input Impedance: Unbalanced: 50 kΩBalanced: 20 kΩ (10 kΩ per leg)
• Maximum Output Voltage: 8 Vrms (+18 dBv)
• Output Impedance: Unbalanced: 150 ΩBalanced: 300 Ω (150 Ω per leg)
• THD + Noise: < 0.002% at 8 Vrms/10 kΩ20 Hz - 20 kHz, 90 kHz bandwidth
• Channel Separation: >80 dB at 1 kHz
• Low Pass Frequency Response: +0, -1 dB from 5 Hz to 1/4 of filter frequency
• High Pass Frequency Response: +0, -1 dB from 4x filter frequency to 80 kHz
• Power Consumption: 30 Watts (typical, with or without signal)
• Mains Voltage (Frequency): 120V (60 Hz) or 230/240V (50 Hz or 60 Hz), factory-set for destination country
• Crossover Function: Bypass or On, selectable via front panel switch
• Subwoofer Output Modes: Mono L+R or Stereo, selectable via front panel switch
• Crossover Frequency Range: 30 Hz – 150 Hz, variable with independent high-pass and low-pass filter
frequency controls on front panel
• Subwoofer/Satellite Balance Control: +/– 12 dB, fully variable via front panel knob
• Filter Damping Controls: Q: 0.3 - 1.4 @ 12 dB/octave, via front panel knob Q: 0.16 - 4.0 @ 24 dB/octave,
via front panel knob for either slope, Q = 0.5 at top dead center “0” mark
• Crossover Slopes: 12 dB/octave or 24 dB/octave, Linkwitz-Rileyselectable via front panel switch
• Output Muting: independent for each output, via front panel push-button switches
• Ground Lift: solated/Grounded, via rear panel switch
• Main Stereo Inputs: Unbalanced L/R: (2 RCA jacks), Balanced L/R (2 XLR/TRS combo jacks)
• Managed Bass Inputs: Unbalanced L/R: (2 RCA jacks), Balanced L/R (2 XLR/TRS combo jacks)
• Power Modes: Off/On, selectable via front panel switch
• Satellite Line Outputs: Unbalanced (2 RCA jacks), Balanced (2 TRS jacks, 2 XLR jacks)
• Subwoofer Line Outputs: Unbalanced L/R: (2 RCA jacks), Balanced L/R: (2 TRS jacks, 2 XLR jacks)
• (W x H x D)- 17.40 in. / 441 mm, 3.80 in / 97 mm, 15.67 in / 398 mm
• Net Weight: 22 lb / 10 kg
MSRP $3,000.00 – CR-1 Active Subwoofer Crossover
If you are interested in this product, have questions, or want to schedule an audition, please call 1-714-630-4100.