McINTOSH C2600 PREAMPLIFIER
The C2600 is a versatile preamplifier with an expansive set of 16 inputs to connect virtually all your analog or digital music sources. For audio purity, the analog and digital sections are housed separately in our dual chassis design to prevent signal corruption. Analog inputs include 3 balanced, 4 unbalanced plus 1 each dedicated Moving Magnet and Moving Coil phono inputs. Digital inputs consist of 3 optical, 2 coax, 1 USB and 1 McIntosh exclusive MCT connection. Three sets of balanced and unbalanced analog outputs will connect the C2600 to your amplifier.
The C2600 features a 32-bit/384kHz, DSD digital-to-analog-converter (DAC). The optical and coax inputs will decode digital music at up to 24-bit/192kHz for high resolution audio playback. The C2600 is also capable of decoding and playing DSD files; the USB input accepts PCM signals up to 32-bit/384kHz and supports DSD64, DSD128 and DSD256 plus DXD 352.8kHz and DXD 384kHz. When paired with the MCT450 SACD/CD Transport, the proprietary MCT input offers a secure DSD connection for playback of the high definition audio found on SACDs in order to deliver the purist possible sound quality.
With the C2600, all inputs can be renamed to your preference and are available all of the time, giving you more freedom to configure your system. The outputs have also been updated to be easier to operate when bi-amping or tri-amping so that your highs and/or lows are not accidentally turned off. Bass and treble tone controls can adjust individual sources as needed. For headphone listening, the addition of Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®) brings an added dimension to your music. The Home Theater Pass Through feature allows for seamless integration into your multi-channel home theater system.
The C2600 features classic McIntosh design cues that not only blend with existing systems but also with any room décor. It can be paired with a variety of amplifiers, speakers, room correction devices, CD players, turntables and tuners to make a complete home audio system.
• Ultra Low Distortion: 0.08%
• Frequency Response, +0, -3dB: 15Hz to 100,000Hz
• Maximum Volts Out (Balanced / Unbalanced): 16/8 V RMS
• Input Impedance (Balanced / Unbalanced): 44K ohm, 22K ohm
• Phono Voltage Gain: Moving Maginet 40dB, Moving Coil 60dB
• High Level Voltage Gain: 15dB
• Signal To Noise Ratio: 100dB
• Headphone Output: 1/4" High Drive
• Inputs Unbalanced: 4 Stereo + 2 Phono
• Inputs Balanced: 3 Stereo
• Variable Outputs Unbalanced: 3 Stereo
• Variable Outputs Balanced: 3 Stereo
• One Digital USB Input: 1 (accepts PCM signals up to 32- bit/384kHz; supports DSD64, DSD128 and DSD256 plus DXD 352.8kHz and DXD 384kHz)
• Two Digital Coaxial Inputs
• Two Digital Optical Inputs
• Adjustable Phono Moving Magnet
Call for price
If you are interested in this product or have questions, please call 1-714-630-4100.
• Adjustable Phono Moving Coil
• Record Processor Loop: NO
• +/- 6dB Input Level Match
• Home Theater Pass Through
• Bass and Treble Tone Controls
• Tone Bypass and Input Assign
• 9-pin RS232 Control Input
• Power Control Output: 1 Main, 2 Switched, 2 Trigger
• 8 Rear Panel Data Ports
• Rear Panel IR Sensor Input
• Single, Two Layer Chassis
• Output Meters
• Tube, 5 ea. 12AX7a , 1 ea. 12AT7
• On, Power Consumption: 50 watts
• Dimensions: 17.5" W x 7.625" H x 18" D
• Weight: 29.5 lbs