ORTOFON QUINTET RED
With a very high price-to-performance ratio, the Quintet Red is a perfect introduction to the world of Ortofon moving coils. It features an Elliptical diamond, which is cut and polished to Ortofon’s standards. The MC Quintet Series is congruent with Ortofon’s unrelenting commitment to providing the most precise and accurate reproduction possible without coloration. Top mounting of the Quintet cartridges is easy and secure using the screws supplied. The aluminum frame has threaded mounting holes and is fitted easily with the 5mm or 7mm screws depending on the thickness of the headshell. The Quintet series’ right angles, straight lines, stylus visibility and ample distance between the record surface and the cartridge’s bottom will make it easy to mount and align the cartridge and tonearm correctly. The Quintet Series gives excellent results with most common tonearms.
• Output voltage at 1 kHz 5 cm/sec: 0.5 mV
• Channel balance: 1.5 dB
• Channel separation at 1 kHz: > 21 dB
• Channel separation at 15 kHz: > 14 dB
• Frequency range at -3 dB: 20 - 25.000Hz
• Frequency response: 20-20.000 Hz +/-2.5 dB
• Tracking ability at 315 Hz at recommended tracking force: 65 μm
• Compliance (dynamic, lateral): 15 μm/mN
• Stylus type: Elliptical
• Stylus tip radius: r/R 8/18 μm
• Tracking force range: 2.1-2.5 g (21-25 mN)
• Tracking force recommended: 2.3 g (23 mN)
• Tracking angle: 20º
• Internal impedance, DC resistance: 7 Ohm
• Recommended load impedance: 20 Ohm
• Cartridge body material: ABS/Aluminum
• Coil wire material: Copper
• Cartridge color: Red
• Cartridge weight: 9 g
US MSRP $ 314.00
If you are interested in this product or have questions, please call 1-877-618-9202.
If you are interested in this product, have questions, or want to schedule an audition, please call 1-714-630-4100.