REL ACOUSTICS HABITAT 1
Habitat1 is a brilliant new concept that takes sub bass to new levels by incorporating the room, your Habitat, into our design. It is common in design circles to speak of taking the room into account, but never has the complete system approach employed by REL been utilized so utterly to one singular purpose. Perfect, deep bass that emanates almost invisibly from somewhere hidden within the room.
Starting with a clean sheet of paper, we designed custom bass mini-engines to produce truly awe-inspiring bass in an ultra-thin envelope.
We spent months engineering the mounting hardware to permit easy and accurate mounting of Habitat1 onto a variety of wall structures including masonry or brick walls, modern sheet rock and stud construction.
Although Habitat1 is intended to be used wirelessly with the REL LongbowTM Wireless Transmitter, the rear panel includes all of the standard connectivity so that users have the option of using Habitat1 wired if desired.
Key to the design goals of the project is the complete absence of wires needed to move the signal flawlessly from player to Habitat1. REL’s LongbowTM employs a new state of the art chip that, unlike virtually every other design, has ZERO compression. Hence the fidelity to the original event is retained perfectly and delay is minimized. Result? Crisp, clear bass in perfect time with the music or film.
Automatic detection and pairing is an important component to the REL approach. Simply plug both Habitat1 and Longbow Wireless Transmitter in within 30 seconds of each other and they will seek each other out and auto pair. Forgot to do so in time? No issue, simply flick the pairing toggles on each unit and pairing will occur within seconds.
Optional Habitat1 floor mount, when wall mounting is simply not an option.
Features and Specs:
• Type: Sealed, two front-firing active woofers, one backfiring passive woofer.
• Drive unit: Two 6.5 in., 165mm long-throw steel chassis
• Passive Unit: 10 in, steel chassis
• Lower Frequency Response: 30 Hz at -6 dB in room
• Input Connectors: High-Level Neutrik Speakon, Low-Level single phono, LFE single phono
• Gain Control Range: 80dB
• Power Output: 150 Watts (RMS)
• Phase Switch: Yes, 0 or 180 degrees
• Amplifier Type: Class D
• Fully Electronic SAFE-SET: Yes
• D.C. Fault: Yes
• Output Short: Yes
• Mains Input Voltage: 100-240V
• Fuse: 1.6A for 230V operation, 3.16A for 120V operation
• Power Consumption: 16.3 Watts for 120V operation, 19 Watts for 230V operation
• Dimensions (WHD): 25 x 16 x 4.5 in., (635 x 406 x 114 mm)
• Net Weight: 50 lbs. (23kg)
• Finish: Gloss Piano Black or Gloss White Lacquer
MSRP $ 1,999.00 – Habitat 1, w/ Floor Mount add MSRP $199.00
If you are interested in this product, have questions, or want to schedule an audition, please call 1-714-630-4100.