REL ACOUSTICS - S2
Whilst S/2 may be the least expensive, most compact chassis in the S range, it would be a mistake to think of it as anything but a true thoroughbred. Fast, tuneful, fun and exceptionally dynamic, S/2 permits those with limited space or compact speakers to enjoy the benefits of Serie S performance. S/2 offers a powerful 250W NextGen Class D amplifier with a fast, lightweight driver and matching passive in a carefully damped cabinet to produce bass that is quite extraordinary for such a modestly sized enclosure.
S/2’s driver receives a new purpose-designed anodized aluminum dustcap. This both stiffens the cone structure, resulting in improved transient response (snap and attack) while lowering the moving mass some 15%. Careful tuning of this unit to cabinet volume and the new matching downfiring passive driver results in outstanding performance for a model of this size and price. Powerful, fast and tuneful is the S/2.
Beyond the drivers, the input filters and amplifiers determine the performance of a REL. REL S/2 uses a simple filter-type that is very fast—about 8 milliseconds in-group delay to get through to our driver. This speed and carefully sorted filters allows for seamless blending of RELs with the main speakers.
S/2’s power amplifier is a powerful NextGen2 250W digital amplifier. This design has proven exceptionally reliable and very fast with deep, extended lows—it provides a perfect mate to its driver.
Features and Specs:
• Type: Front - firing active woofer, down - firing passive radiator
• Active Drive Unit: 12 in., 300mm long-throw, pressed Aluminum chassis
• Passive Radiator: 10 in., 250mm
• Lower Frequency Response in Room: 24 Hz at - 6 dB
• Input Connectors: Hi Level Neutrik Speakon, Left and Right Lo Level phono, LFE phono,
SMA for wireless antenna
• Gain Control Range: 80 dB
• Power Output: 250 watts (RMS)
• Phase Switch: Yes, 0 or 180 degrees
• Amplifier Type: Next Gen II Class D
• REL Longbow Wireless capability: Yes – REL Longbow™ transmitter [required], Sold separately
• Fully Electronic with SET-SAFE: Yes
• D.C. Fault: Yes
• Output Short: Yes
• Mains Input Voltage: 220 - 240 volts, 110 - 120 volts for certain markets
• Fuses (semi delay): 3.15 Amp 220 volts operation, 6.3 Amp 120 volts operation
• Dimensions (W x H x D)*: 13.75x14.5x16.75 in., (349x368x 425.5mm)
• Net Weight: 40lbs. (18.1kg)
• Shipping Weight: 47.5 lbs. (21.5 kg)
• Finish (Gloss): Piano Black or White Lacquer
• Mains Lead: Yes
• Neutrik Speakon Interconnect 10 Meters Nominal : Yes
MSRP $ 1,499.00 – S/2
If you are interested in this product, have questions, or want to schedule an audition, please call 1-714-630-4100.