VAC STATEMENT 450 POWER AMPLIFIER
The overall architecture of the amplifier chassis minimizes the presentation of external vibration. The internal parts are the finest kind, specifically chosen for sound and reliability. We start with 0.25” aircraft aluminum for a rigid basis, and tailor the mounting points and couplings for the desired result. Custom machined feet provide a slight, controlled decoupling of the power supply from the external environment, while the audio chassis connects via a tripod of custom designed stainless steel cups and balls, controlling of the flow of vertical energy inputs and dissipating lateral energy inputs. The chassis is finished in a metallic base coat/clear coat finish. The sculptured faceplates must have been made from a solid block of aluminum — they are 3/8 inch thick with the edges chamfered to about 1/4 inch. Finished in silky gold-speckled black, the faceplates are an almost artistic likeness of the VAC’s sound quality. To guarantee quality, all chassis parts and lacquering are done in-house.
The hand-wiring approach presented in the Statement 450 far exceeds conventional hand wiring and previous three-dimensional techniques. Careful architecture and orientation of parts in 3D allows passive control of radiated fields to an unprecedented degree for an audio amplifier. Special consideration of the ways in which they interact with the chassis, sensitive circuit points, and each other increases purity and resolution. Between the two chassis, 105 lbs. of custom magnetic transformers contribute to the corresponding optimal mass loading. The Statement 450 features a direct-coupled input and driver circuit, extremely fast and vivid sound is achieved from both single-ended and balanced sources.
This technique uses fast, lithe devices in an analogue parallel processing configuration that allows the speed and control required to preserve delicacy and natural sound.
This circuit gains much greater control over the transfer function achieved in the output stage, improving linearity and increasing headroom. There is palpably more control, greater subjective power per watt, and increased detail.
The external power supply also uses custom transformers, wound in the USA; there are no lightweight off-the-shelf magnetics here. The three massive transformers, which power seven separate basic supplies, are isolation mounted in a separate shielded segment of the power supply chassis and potted in place with a special material to ensure low mechanical noise and vibration.
Features and Specs:
• Wattage: 450 watt
• Gain: 39 dB, SE, 33 dB, balanced
• Frequency Response: 4 Hz to 75 kHz
• Power Bandwidth: 20 Hz to 70 kHz
• Inputs: Single-ended input via RCA jack, non-inverting, Balanced input via XLR jack, non-inverting relative
to pin 2 (“pin 2 hot”, traditional EIA/RCA broadcast/recording standard); amp is fully balanced in this mode
• Outputs: Connections to precisely match loudspeaker loads of 2, 4, and 8 ohms
• Tubes: 8x KT88, 5x 6SN7
• Residual Noise: Typically, 700 microvolts at the speaker terminals
• Voltage: May be factory configured for operation at 100, 120, 220, or 230/240 volts
• Power Cord: Detachable power cord, standard IEC power receptacle
• Illumination: Illuminated logo may be switched off
• 12-Volt Trigger: included
• Finish: High-gloss finish, hand-polished, black or silver
• Warranty: Two years parts and labor, excluding tubes (USA). See manual for full details
• Dimensions (H x W x D): Audio chassis (not including knobs and connectors): 9.75 x 17.8 x 18.25 in.
(24.8 x 45.2 x 46.4 cm.) Power supply (not including connectors): 5.5 x 17.8 x 18.25 in. (14 x 45.2 x 46.4 cm.)
• Shipping Weight: Audio chassis: 128 lbs. (58.2 kg.), Power supply: 80 lbs. (36.4 kg.)
MSRP $ 88,000.00 – Statement 450 Monoblock (pair)
If you are interested in this product, have questions, or want to schedule an audition, please call 1-714-630-4100.