VAC SIGMA 160i INTEGRATED AMPLIFIER
VAC’s most affordable and compact music solution is a full-integrated amplifier, with 85-watt/channel-power amplifier, true triode tube line control amplifier, and moving magnet phono stage. Flexibility is ensured by standard remote control, home theater input, preamplifier outputs, and optional MC and balanced inputs. If sound quality and simplicity are the priorities, this exceptionally musical amplifier is the answer.
In the Sigma 160i, VAC has combined all of the elements of separate components into a single, well-integrated package. There is a true line stage (with optional balanced inputs), a proper volume control (not a digital or VCA control on a microchip), a superb power amplifier with direct input capability for integration into multichannel/home theater systems, and an excellent phono stage (MM standard, MC optional).
The fact that every single stage in the audio chain is in intimate proximity and can share a very tight, precise common ground reference realizes true performance possibility of the integrated form. To ensure coupling only when and where desired, the Sigma 160i incorporates separate rectifiers and power filters for the preamplifier sections for greater purity and stability. Similarly, the mechanical placement of all of the parts, from the transformers to the vacuum tubes to the capacitors and resistors has been undertaken using the principals embodied in our cost-no-object Statement amplifiers. The Sigma features a direct-coupled input and driver circuit, extremely fast and vivid sound is achieved from both single-ended and balanced sources.
Features and Specs:
• Wattage: 86 watts/channel
• Gain: 37 dB MM, 57 dB MC
• Frequency Response: RIAA +/- .25 dB
• Power Bandwidth: 13 Hz to 70 kHz
• Inputs: MC and balanced inputs optional
• Outputs: Connections to precisely match loudspeaker loads of 2, 4, and 8 ohms
• Tubes: 4x KT88, 4x 12AU7, 3x 12AX7
• Residual Noise: 3 mV at output (S/N ratio approx. 69 dB)
• Overload: 117 mV @ 1 kHz = 8 volts RMS output; 460 mV @ 10 kHz
• Voltage: May be factory-configured for operation at 100, 120, 220, or 230/240 volts
• Power Cord: Detachable power cord, standard IEC power receptacle
• 12-Volt Trigger: included
• Remote Control: included
• Illumination: Illuminated logo may be switched off
• Finish: Black or silver faceplate, Gold or chrome knobs
• Warranty: Two years parts and labor, excluding tubes (USA, see manual for full details)
• Dimensions (H x W x D): 7.9 x 18 x 18 in. (201 x 457 x 458 mm.)
• Shipping Weight: 67 lbs. (30 kg.)
NOTE: Phono stage does not invert absolute phase.
MSRP 13,300.00 – Sigma 160i SE
MSRP 10,000.00 – Sigma 160i
If you are interested in this product, have questions, or want to schedule an audition, please call 1-714-630-4100.