VAC PHI 300. 1a POWER AMPLIFIER
The groundbreaking Phi 300 pioneered the unique direct-coupled Class A triode input and driver circuitry that allowed VAC to get closer to the sound of the recording studio or concert hall than ever before. This consummately musical performer is also extraordinarily flexibly, with settings for fully balanced or single-ended input, selectable front panel attenuators, 150-watt/channel stereo or 300-watt mono modes, and triode or ultralinear output operation. The visual celebration of tubes behind the thick front glass is a fitting match for the joyous sound.
Its eight beam power output tubes yield 300 watts in dedicated mono mode or 150 watts/channel in stereo mode at the choice of the user. Front panel level controls may be engaged to aid in balancing biamplified systems.
Both balanced XLR and single-ended RCA inputs are provided. The chassis is machined aluminum, with the tubes beautifully showcased behind 0.75” glass. Also included are standard 12-volt triggers. The Phi 300.1 is based on our direct-coupled input & driver circuit both single-ended and balanced (fully balanced amplifier mode) inputs are provided.
The chassis is custom machined 0.25” aluminum welded into a solid unitary structure, finished in metallic black paint. The 1” thick aluminum front panel is finished in hand rubbed silver metallic lacquer, with bias meter and tube adjustors that make it easy to maintain and optimize. Output matching taps are provided for 2, 4, and -8-ohm speakers.
Features and Specs:
• Wattage: 150- Stereo, 300- mono
• Gain: 36 dB, SE/stereo, 30 dB, balanced/stereo, 37 dB, SE/mono, 31 dB, balanced/mono
• Frequency Response: 4 Hz to 75 kHz
• Power Bandwidth: 13 Hz to 70 kHz
• Inputs: Single-ended input via RCA jack, non-inverting, Balanced input via XLR jack, non-inverting
relative to pin 2 (“pin 2 hot”, traditional EIA/RCA broadcast/recording standard)
• Outputs: Connections to precisely match loudspeaker loads of 2, 4, and 8 ohms
• Tubes: 8x KT88, 5x 6SN7
• Residual Noise: Typically, 700 microvolts at the speaker terminals
• Voltage: May be factory configured for operation at 100, 120, 220, or 230/240 volts
• Power Cord: Detachable power cord, standard IEC power receptacle
• Illumination: Illuminated logo may be switched off
• 12-Volt Trigger: yes
• Finish: High-gloss finish, hand-polished, black or silver
• Warranty: Two years parts and labor, excluding tubes (USA). See manual for full details
• Dimensions (H x W x D): (Not including knobs or connectors) 9.75 x 17.8 x 18.25 in. (24.8 x 45.2 x 46.4 cm.)
• Shipping Weight: 128 lbs. (58.2 kg.)
MSRP $22,000.00 – PHI 300. 1A Power Amplifier
If you are interested in this product, have questions, or want to schedule an audition, please call 1-714-630-4100.