VAC STATEMENT 450 iQ POWER AMPLIFIER
The VAC iQ System is the result of 18 years of research and development by the engineers at VAC, and represents the first time in history that each tube in the output stage of a vacuum tube amplifier can be held precisely at the optimal bias point (underlying true quiescent current) at all times, regardless of how loudly or softly the music is playing. The result is sound that is always the best it can be, reduced distortion and noise, longer tube life, elimination of gas current ‘run away’ tubes, and increased reliability, all without any effort by the user. The VAC iQ System also alerts you when a tube is growing weak or has failed. In short, tube drama is a thing of the past.
The Statement iQ power amp also features newly improved output transformers (56 pounds per monoblock) with smoother, more extended frequency response. The input and driver tubes are now contained on a mass loaded assembly that is specially decoupled from the main chassis for enhanced recovery of ambience and very fine nuance. Input signal handling has been changed to a more pure, direct connection. Various changes to the power supply and chassis materials compliment and support the new circuits.
The VAC iQ Continuous Automatic Bias System is a true breakthrough in power amplifier design. It is not inexpensive, but, once heard, it is indispensable. Add to this the other enhancements, and, to put it mildly, the VAC Statement iQ Series is a very big deal.
Features and Specs:
• Wattage: 450
• Gain: 39 dB, SE, 33 dB, balanced/p>
• Frequency Response: 4 Hz to 75 kHz
• Power Bandwidth: 20 Hz to 70 kHz
• Inputs: Single-ended input via RCA jack, non-inverting, Balanced input via XLR jack,
non-inverting relative to pin 2 (“pin 2 hot”, traditional EIA/RCA broadcast/recording standard);
amp is fully balanced in this mode
• Outputs: Connections to precisely match loudspeaker loads of 2, 4, and 8 ohms
• Tubes: 8x KT88, 6x 6SN7
• Residual Noise: Typically, 700 microvolts at the speaker terminals
• Voltage: May be factory configured for operation at 100, 120, 220, or 230/240 volts
• Power Cord: Detachable power cord, standard IEC power receptacle12-Volt Trigger: included
• Illumination: Illuminated logo may be switched off
• Finish: High-gloss finish, hand-polished, black or silver
• Warranty: Two years parts and labor, excluding tubes (USA, see manual for full details)
• Dimensions (H x W x D): Audio chassis (not including knobs and connectors): 9.75 x 17.8 x 18.25 in.
(24.8 x 45.2 x 46.4 cm.) Power supply (not including connectors): 5.5 x 17.8 x 18.25 in. (14 x 45.2 x 46.4 cm.)
• Shipping Weight: Audio chassis: 130 lbs. (59.1 kg.), Power supply: 85 lbs. (38.6 kg.)
MSRP $ 116,000.00 – Statement 450 iQ Monoblock (pair)
If you are interested in this product, have questions, or want to schedule an audition, please call 1-714-630-4100.