VAC STATEMENT PHONO PREAMPLIFIER
The chassis is machined at VAC from high-grade, non-ferrous aluminum and processed through a series of plating steps. The resulting AICuNiCr chassis possesses superior RF rejection properties across a wide range of radio frequencies. Similar care is taken around each of the six-wideband audio transformers in each unit.
The front panel features a large machined knob for the four-position selector switch. Another large knob selects overall gains of 52 dB, 70 dB, or 76 dB to match virtually all moving magnet and moving coil cartridges. Smaller knobs provide full control of load impedance, load capacitance, and stereo or mono operation.
The audio chassis’ distinct isolated sections dedicated to certain signal functions prevent unwanted interactions among the circuits. Interconnecting wires are carefully routed and directed by spaced machined nonmetallic guides. The hand-wired vacuum tube audio circuit assemblies are bonded to massive brass loading plates, which in turn are isolation mounted to the main chassis. The eight twin triode vacuum tubes employed in the various Class-A 1-audio stages are made with the finest grade parts, such as ‘naked’ metal foil resistors. The RIAA equalization is achieved without negative feedback, preserving the organic nature of the sound. A wide range of magnetic core materials and magnet wires were tested and auditioned, including different winding structures, silver and copper magnet wires, and mu metal and amorphous cobalt cores, to determine the ideal combination for the world’s finest phono stage.
The massive separate power supply is a dual mono design with substantial energy storage and high inherent regulation. Both resistive and inductive elements are used in concert with high-speed capacitor assemblies for the high voltage supplies, while active voltage stabilization is included in the four heater supplies and the 12-volt trigger supply.
Features and Specs:
• Tubes: 6x 12AX7, 2x ECC88/6922, ECC88/6DJ8, or 7308
• Gain: 352 dB MM (low gain), 70 dB MC (medium gain), 76 dB MC (high gain), up to 6 dB greater
gain available on special order
• Frequency Response: RIAA standard +/- 0.2 dB (20 Hz-20 kHz), -3 dB bandwidth 10 Hz- 80 kHz
• Channel Separation: > 84 dB @ 1 kHz
• Maximum Input: > 130 mV @ 1 kHz, MM (low gain); >500 mV @ 10 kHz, >16 mV @ 1 kHz, MC
(medium gain)/p>, >8 mV @ 1kHz, MC (high gain)
• Load Impedance: MM, 47k Ohms, MC (medium gain), selectable 400, 300, 200, 150, 100,
or 50 Ohms, MC (high gain), selectable 100, 75. 50, 38, 25, or 13 Ohms
• Load Capacitance: MM, 1, 100, 120, 150, 180, or 220 pF
• Residual Noise: Less than 3Mv at output (s/n ratio > 74 dB)
• Absolute phase: does not invert absolute phase
• Maximum Output: > 8 V RMS
• Output Impedance: < 150 ohms, 20 Hz- 20 kHz, static (i.e., not dependent upon feedback)
• Recommended Output Load: > 300 ohms
• Power: External power supply, dual detachable umbilical cable (dual mono detachable power cord)
• Voltage: may be ordered for 100v, 120v, 220v, or 230/240v operation
• Illumination: illuminated logo may be switched to bright, dim, or off
• Finish: hand-rubbed black or silver metallic
• Warranty: 2 years parts and labor, excluding tunes
• Audio chassis (not including knobs and connectors) 7 x 17.7 x 16.5 in.
• Power supply (not including connectors) 5.8 x 17.7 x 16.15 in.
• Phono stage chassis 56 lbs.
• Power supply 64 lbs.
MSRP $ 70,000.00 – Statement Phono Preamplifier
If you are interested in this product, have questions, or want to schedule an audition, please call 1-714-630-4100.